Centre update – July 2021
As a result of the government’s latest announcement, outlining the proposed final step of England’s roadmap out of lockdown, we will be taking some time to review this information.
We will continue to follow the government guidelines and will be reviewing what impact the recent news will have on our centre and activities over the coming days. We will be providing further updates in due course.
There are a number of activities that will be available including booking a gym session, fitness class or lane swim.
We are working to the government’s roadmap plans, so dates and activities may change over time.
We continue to review the government guidance and will provide further updates as we need to.
Monday to Friday 06:30 to 22:00
Saturday 08:00 to 18.00
Sunday 08:00 to 20:00
Bank Holiday hours: 06:30 to 20:00
Please help us keep you and others safe
As more customers return to the leisure centres we are encouraging people to wear a face covering in communal areas unless they are exempt or under 11 years. In certain parts of the leisure centres face coverings are mandatory by law, such as in our close contact services, like the beauty spa. In other areas we request your cooperation to make others feel safe, but this is not required by law. You do not need to wear a face covering whilst engaging in sport and physical activity. As a facility for the all the community we would like to encourage everyone back into the centre and you can help with this and other measures like social distancing. Please be aware that some people may have exemptions and not to wear a face covering. We will do our best to approach this matter with care and consideration.
Please be aware that you may have to queue to enter the centre or your activity and we would ask you to adhere to our one way systems and directional facilities as far as possible. We would ask that if possible you come dressed for your activity and only bring essential items with you. Please bring your own drink with you.
We have also limited spaces available in activities to ensure we adhere to government guidelines, therefore we would encourage you to book your activity where possible.
Some facilities and activities will be closed or temporarily unavailable for now.
If you are feeling at all unwell, or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 please do not come to the centre. Please review our Health Commitment Statement before your first visit.
We have implemented a number of measures to ensure our customers and staff are safe. Throughout your visit please wash your hands frequently to keep us all safe.
Bookings for the gym, classes and swimming will be available online for members 7 days in advance. Please note that our booking terms and conditions have been updated. Latest information can be found here.
The gym will be open for customers, however, you must book in for a workout. This can be done online (select adult fitness session), via telephone or in-person at reception.
- Gym sessions will be limited to 60-minutes, if booking online please note that you can book in 15 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please come dressed for the gym.
- Only bring essential items with you.
- Please bring your own drink with you.
- The layout of the gym will have changed.
- Some equipment will have been moved or temporarily unavailable.
- Please make sure you wipe down equipment before and after use and be considerate to other gym users.
The eGym will be open for customers, but you must book in for your workout. This can be done online, via telephone or in-person at reception.
Please make sure you wipe down equipment before and after use and be considerate to other gym users.
Indoor Fitness Classes
Indoor fitness class timetable is now available. Classes can be booked up to 7 days in advance for members.
Classes will be subject to social distancing and will be reviewed on a regular basis. In addition to the indoor classes we will also be offering a range of live streaming and on demand classes via the InspireAll App. Further information is available here.
Please review the class timetable for the latest information
We will be offering only lane swimming in our pools for public sessions. We would encourage you to try and swim throughout the day to avoid busy times.
- Lane swimming must be pre-booked, online, via telephone or in person.
- Swimming sessions will be limited to 60-minutes. If you are booking online please note that you can select a time in 30 minute intervals, you only need to book ONE session.
- Please arrive at the centre ‘swim ready’ with costume under clothing and pre-showered.
- Changing facilities and lockers (£1 refundable) will be limited.
- Avoid bringing large bags & equipment to reduce the use of lockers.
- Follow the one way system to enter and exit the pool.
- Double lanes will be provided, with a maximum limit of 8 swimmers per lane.
- Please maintain social distance between yourself and other swimmers in and around the pool and changing rooms.
- Please do not congregate at the end of the pool, if you need a rest period please ensure you are away from other swimmers.
- Respect the lifeguard’s decisions.
- Once you have finished your swim, you can use the changing rooms, but we would ask that you do not delay and leave the centre promptly.
Children’s swimming lessons will return from 12th April 2021.
Please note we have made some changes to our lessons to keep our swimmers, parents an staff safe. We are continually reviewing our lessons to as keeping everyone safe is our priority.
We would also like to remind all parents and participants, that they must remove their shoes before entering the changing village.
We would like to remind all parents that they must be socially distant at all times, and follow the one way system in place around the building to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all our customers.
Additional things to remember when you attend your lesson
- We would ask that only one parent / carer per child attends with each child.
- Please make sure your child comes dressed ‘swim ready’ for their lesson with their costume under clothing as changing facilities and showers will be limited.
- When you arrive for your lesson, please observe the one way system to the swimming pool.
- There will be a dedicated drop off / collection point located shallow end main pool, if you are using the teaching pool the drop off point is the teaching pool on the right hand side.
- Teachers will be delivering lessons from poolside and will be adhering to government guidance on social distancing.
- Any equipment used in lesson will be sanitised before and after each activity. This will be achieved simply and effectively by rinsing equipment in the pool.
- Changing facilities will be limited so swimmers are encouraged to shower at home prior to and after their lesson to minimise the time spent in the changing rooms.
To enable us to ensure social distancing, please leave the centre as soon as you are able following the end of your lesson.
Our swimming timetable will reflect these changes, please keep checking our online timetable as we may make changes.
Monday – Friday 10.00am – 1.00pm & 3.30pm – 6.30pm
Saturday 8.00am – 3.00pm
Table service or takeaway only, reduced menu (example attached) pus hot and cold drinks. Please observe the rule of 6 when sitting with others.
One hour sessions must be booked in advance with our reception team or online. Please only book for children attending the soft play session, adults do not need to book a ticket. Booking available up to seven days in advance.
Monday – Sunday
- 9.30am – 10.30am
- 11.00am – 12.00am
- 13.30pm – 14.30pm
- 15.00pm – 16.00pm
Please observe the following points when using the soft play area:
- Our small soft play area is suitable for children aged 0 – 5 years old and our large soft play area is suitable for ages 5 – 8 years old.
- Only one adult per child. Unless children are in the different age categories for the small and large soft play areas, where an adult should be present in each area.
- We ask that adults supervise children at all times and not leave them unattended in soft play area.
- Sessions are available in one hour slots
- Restricted numbers apply
- Adults to wear a face covering if not exempt throughout the child’s play sessions
- Adult and children to use hand sanitiser prior to entering the soft play area
How to book a soft play session online:
- Click the book now button where you will be directed to our ticket booking page.
- Select the session date you wish to attend
- From the list below select either ‘Small Soft Play’ or ‘Large Soft Play’ at the time slot you wish to attend.
- The number of tickets available for each session are displayed on the right hand side.
- On the next screen enter your membership number if you have one and the number of tickets required. Please remember to only book a ticket for each child attending.
- The total number of tickets selected will display on the right hand side.
- View and accept the attendance rules.
- The shopping basket will then display, if you have added all your sessions click continue where you will be asked to confirm your email address and accept the terms and conditions.
- You will then see the confirmation page, a copy of your booking will also be sent to you via email.
- Please bring a copy of your email confirmation with you to the centre and present this to the reception team.
If for any reason you need to cancel your soft play booking please contact the reception team on 0208 386 9886.
Further Updates and Frequently Asked Questions
In the initial weeks all other activities and areas will be closed including the health suite, crèche whilst we reopen. Further information and updates will be available as soon as possible.
Further information and FAQ’s can be found on our corporate website