Health + Wellbeing
The Venue Leisure Centre Exercise Referral Scheme
Do you have a long-term health condition such as poor mental health, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, asthma, or COPD?
If so, you may be able to access our Exercise Referral Scheme which could be the first step to increasing your activity levels and improving your long-term health and wellbeing.
To meet our inclusion criteria you should be:
- A local resident
- Registered with a Hertsmere clinician
- Have a long-term health condition.
Click here for the referral inclusion criteria.
What Does the Exercise Referral Scheme offer?
You will receive a tailor-made programme which includes;
- One-to-one consultation with one of our exercise referral professionals to discuss your medical conditions, medication, goals and exercise plan
- Gym induction to show you how to use the equipment following your own personalised plan.
- eGym induction
- 6 & 12 week review to montior your progress and update your exercise plan.
- Concession membership
How to Get Referred?
Via your GP; if you think you might be eligible for the scheme please ask your GP for a referral.
You can then either pop in to make your first appointment or telephone the centre on 020 8386 9886
Please bring the completed referral form with you to your first appointment
Other Clinicians; there are also a number of other clinicians who can refer to the scheme. A list of eligible referrers can be found here and the referral form here. Please print a copy of the referral form and take it to your clinician for completion. You can then visit or telephone The Venue to book your appointment.
To speak to a member of the team about your eligibility or for more information about the scheme please contact The Venue Leisure Centre exercise referral lead.